Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wanderlust.

I want to go back to a Faire, so badly.

When I wrote this grant proposal I was in the middle of a really interesting journey. As a Yarn Viking I was toeing the line between performer and audience for the first time. I was meeting the offstage versions of people whose personas had long since captivated me. I met the fabulous Starwind and her people. I am not saying I broke into this world, but even to be invited to look into it was truly something. Because of this project I spent my 21st birthday sitting in the crossfire of two harps, drinking homemade mead, listening to the music that means the most to me-- including the song that gave this blog its name.

I miss knowing that, come Saturday morning, I will be putting on the braids and the beard.

Summertime can be so weirdly lonely for a student, especially one who keeps my odd hours and can't do much socializing. So my brain goes back to forests and funny shoes and ancient music.

This is homesickness.

Every project has a stage between research and action which is a big struggle. When the research is this much fun, the struggle is that much tougher.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not at all fabulous, but I am passionate about many things; one of those being inviting those for whom I feel an affinity to join with me in those things that we mutually love.

    It's not long tile faire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels like a long time till faire... especially Monday mornings between faire weekends :)

    ReplyDelete