Thursday, August 25, 2011

Progress



I wish uploading images to blogger was a little easier. Here's an image of a work in progress. I think I may add the painted backdrop element to this painting. I'm really happy with the composition and I'm going to push the interaction between characters so that it reads like some of the great card-sharp paintings.

I'm putting aside the guitarist painting for the time being and I'm going to revisit the photo with the tuning devices which I previously discarded. I'm starting to think that would be an interesting moment to depict. I was concerned about making the performers look careless but in truth, tuning one's instrument is an act of care. I like the idea that a small, personal action precedes a public performance.

This weekend I'm going to print more photos and make more collages. I'm going to pay attention to what excites me about the photos, and focus less on what I think is 'viable' or 'appropriate' or 'meets expectations'.






No comments:

Post a Comment