Friday, August 9, 2013

Binge

I found a website, artsy.net, that has satisfied my search for a "visual artists' Pandora". You choose a few artists you like, find recommendations for similar artists, or browse by categories like "figurative painting" or  "Conceptualism". It makes it easy to eat a lot of art. I can't stop looking. So much art and so much of it is fascinating. Of course the first thing I did was look for artists whose work looked like mine, or looked the way I wanted mine to look. I think that's a natural reaction, sort of the way we look for our own faces in a group photo. But it's equally interesting to see some art that's in a completely different universe than mine. The only danger is that I seem to be flipping through the site so fast I'm not sure I'm digesting anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment