Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fabulous Thunderbirds

This















Comes from this.

Do I need to find another story quite so specific to make something successful?
It seems like in anything I do, the research is my favorite part. I am just learning how many forms research can take, and it is exciting. Reading can be research, but so can taking photos and - apparently- so can going to Renaissance festivals. And of course, listening to Radiolab.

In fact, Radiolab's home page currently features the "Help!" episode, which I think anyone in advanced drawing would get a kick out of. Specifically the second half of the show which deals with sourcing inspiration, working with your ideas. Just listening to it kind of motivates me.

One of my favorite quotes- and I think I read it in a CBT book, not even anything to do with art- is "Action Precedes Motivation". For me it is terribly true. You don't want to do a thing until you already have done.

And seriously, check out that Radiolab episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment